Thursday, February 4, 2016

Here I am!

Well hello there strangers!  
This lady has had a crazy busy year!!  Last year, my hope was to chronicle my journey as I planned, organized, and crafted my way to my wedding day on October 17, 2015. Sadly, as you may have noticed...I was absent from the blog world!  I literally spent almost every weekend that I could either crafting a table setting, making lists, or just plain enjoying life and living the engaged life (which mostly consists of browsing wedding magazines, pinning mason jar Pinterest crafts and going crazy ordering cute Etsy cake toppers and wood Mr. + Mrs. seat signs).
2016 has got to be the year that I buckle down and focus on my passions...anything and everything creative.  I've been in a funk since getting married, mostly because the hype of preparing for the big day is finally over and I don't have a crazy huge list of to do's I must accomplish within a deadline. I'm sad the day came and went...definitely as people said it would!  
The funk can also be contributed to work related stress.  I'm getting burnt out.  Advocacy in the domestic violence/sexual assault realm is very overwhelming/demanding/exhausting.  Every day my brain feels like exploding from emotional overload, which is why my preferred method of self-care is PJs, Netflix, food, and no social interaction.  Not the most fun life I'm living right now.  Hoping to take care of my mental state via surrounding myself with loved ones more often and tackling some of my craft projects I've been pinning to my Pinterest boards!
Another project for 2016 that I've just began is my photography business: Karissa Lee Photography! I'm super excited about this, yet pretty scared and unsure at the same time.  I'm no pro by any means, but I know I have an eye for photography and absolutely love capturing the little details of life!  I also hope to be more present here at Little Turquoise House and share some of my fun adventures that I encounter this year!
xo Mrs. Lee
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment